Availability - March, April and May
Darwins North Australian Barra Fishing offer extended tours from 2 to 14 days, tailored to meet your personal requirements.
Wet season run-off Barra fishing in the tidal rivers of Kakadu during March, April and May offer some of the best barra fishing in the Top End and a great fishing adventure. Fishing the magnificent rivers in Kakadu National Park the South and East Alligator Rivers you also have the option to fish the reef out the front of these rivers for Golden Snapper & Black Jew Fish on the smaller tides.
Only licensed guides can fish the world heritage listed National Park and we have met the stringent criteria imposed to be one of the few guides fishing the park. .
- Accommodation at the Aurora Kakadu Resort.
- All meals and entry permits are included in the price.
- Transfers from Darwin are in air-conditioned 4WDs.
- Fishing is from custom built barra boats with swivel seats and fold away sunshades for your comfort, powered by 4 stroke environmentally friendly outboards.
- Fishing tackle is supplied for your use. Lures specific for Barramundi and high quality rods and reels are provided, on a replace if lost or damaged basis. We do not supply Fly Fishing tackle.
Be part of the landscape most Territory visitors never experience. See the renowned wildlife - the ancient crocodiles and vast majority of the birdlife. Visit the beautiful sights of Kakadu National Park with its unique scenery.
Early morning pick up, approximately 5am.
Air conditioned Toyota Landcruisers.
Very stable Plate Alloy Custom Barra Boats. All boats are powered by environmentally friendly outboard motors. All boats have swivel seating and shade.
All G-Loomis rods and Shimano reels and braid lines. All tackle is to be replaced if lost or broken.
Barramundi BBQ or cold meat and salad served on board. Cool drinks, iced water, cake and fruit all provided.
Hat, sunscreen, light comfortable clothing and camera(s).
Price per day per client from $675.
Prices are based on the hire of the boat and guide
- Prices are all inclusive from Darwin except for alcohol.
- Fishing gear is supplied on a you lose it you replace it basis.
- Each boat carries a maximum of 4 clients.
- Large groups can be catered for.
- Deposit of 30% to secure booking. Non refundable if we cannot fill your space.
- Full payment required 3 months before departure.
- Guide and boat with three clients, 4 days fishing, 3 nights accommodation and all meals whilst there, $3300 per person.
- Guide and boat with four clients, 4 days fishing, 3 nights accommodation and all meals whilst there, $2700 per person.
All safety gear is provided, including fire extinguisher, satellite telephone and EPIRB all on board.